- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2½ tsp salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dill, (minced fresh dill, dried dill weed, or dill paste all work fine)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4- 4oz. portions
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tspcorn starch
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried farro (or other whole grain like quinoa or brown rice)
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 15-20 pitted & halved black olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
1. To make the homemade tzatziki: grate ½ a cucumber and transfer to a fine mesh strainer. Using several paper towels, squeeze all the extra water out of the cucumber.
2. Add the shredded cucumber to a medium bowl with the greek yogurt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. dill. Stir, and cover in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4. To make the greek seasoning, combine 1 tsp salt, ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning,1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp corn starch, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
5. Lay the 4 chicken breast portions on the baking sheet and coat evenly with the greek seasoning. Spray again with non-stick cooking spray and bake the chicken in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Make your greek salad: dice the other half of the cucumber, quarter the cherry tomatoes, dice your red onion, and chop the olives. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
8. Season the salad with 1 tsp salt, some freshly cracked black pepper, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, and the juice of one lemon. Stir.
9. Portion everything evenly among 4 tupperware containers, (or plates if you want to eat it now!). ½ cup cooked farro, 1 chicken breast, ¼ of the greek salad, and ¼ of the tzatziki.
10. Keep covered in the fridge for lunches all week!