- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 2½ tsp salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dill, (minced fresh dill, dried dill weed, or dill paste all work fine)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4- 4oz. portions
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tspcorn starch
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried farro (or other whole grain like quinoa or brown rice)
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 15-20 pitted & halved black olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
1. To make the homemade tzatziki: grate ½ a cucumber and transfer to a fine mesh strainer. Using several paper towels, squeeze all the extra water out of the cucumber.
2. Add the shredded cucumber to a medium bowl with the greek yogurt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. dill. Stir, and cover in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4. To make the greek seasoning, combine 1 tsp salt, ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning,1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp corn starch, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
5. Lay the 4 chicken breast portions on the baking sheet and coat evenly with the greek seasoning. Spray again with non-stick cooking spray and bake the chicken in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through. 6. Meanwhile, cook your farro or other whole grain according to package directions.
7. Make your greek salad: dice the other half of the cucumber, quarter the cherry tomatoes, dice your red onion, and chop the olives. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
8. Season the salad with 1 tsp salt, some freshly cracked black pepper, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, and the juice of one lemon. Stir.
9. Portion everything evenly among 4 tupperware containers, (or plates if you want to eat it now!). ½ cup cooked farro, 1 chicken breast, ¼ of the greek salad, and ¼ of the tzatziki.
10. Keep covered in the fridge for lunches all week!