- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped avocado (¼ avocado)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 4 light (100-calorie) multigrain English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 Tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
1. Combine the tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper in a bowl. Set the salsa aside.
2. Bring 2 inches of water to a very gentle simmer in a large skillet. Add the vinegar. Carefully break the eggs into the skillet, holding them just above the water level so they slide in without breaking the yolks. Simmer for 5–6 minutes, or until the egg whites are firm and the yolks have barely started to set. One at a time, lift the eggs out with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess water.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook for 1½–2 minutes, tossing often, until wilted. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. Arrange 2 English muffin halves on each of 4 plates. Top each half with ½ cup spinach. Place 1 egg on top of each muffin half. Spoon ½ cup salsa over the eggs and serve with 1 Tbsp yogurt. Serve hot.
(per serving) (1 serving = 2 muffin halves, 2 eggs, ½ c spinach, ½ c salsa, 1 Tbsp of yogurt): 300 cal, 14 g fat, 3.5 g sat fat, 690 g sodium, 35 g carb, 12 g fiber, 21 g pro, 20% calcium