Consultations offered at our three convenient locations in Houston, Katy, and Webster, TX
Maybe you’ve heard that “failing to plan is planning to fail.” That’s especially true when it comes to losing weight. Plan your meals ahead of time so that when you’re hungry, there are options available that fit your weight loss plan.
- Select easy-to-prepare recipes that fit your weight loss plan, whether that is low-carb or low-calorie.
- If time is an issue, choose recipes that can be made in bulk and work well as leftovers.
- Plan out all meals, including snacks. If you need more food, adjust your plan, don’t fudge the numbers.
- A diet must be sustainable to be successful. Weight loss does require sacrifices, but try to find meals and snacks that are enjoyable, even at less calories. A healthy salad as a meal replacement may be good, but a salad for every meal is not realistic.
- Create a shopping list before you go to the store, and don’t buy anything that is not on the list.
- Again, include snacks and treats on your shopping list. Be honest with yourself about what you’re buying.
- Make as few trips as possible. Every trip is a potential temptation. Don’t make it harder than it needs to be!
- Remember, you’re less likely to eat it if it isn’t in the house.
- If you can make meals ahead of time, do! Some meals taste even better the next day.
- Portion out snacks and treats, so they can be grabbed easily when you’re hungry.
- If your mornings are hectic, set aside time the night before to prepare your lunch. Or even better, prepare lunches for the week ahead of time (just make sure they won’t go bad).
- Always eat your prepared meals before you reach for a snack or dessert. Often you’ll find that it’s easier to resist cravings after you’ve eaten something.